We’re looking for Coverpath users to share their experience through video and be featured in our newsletter. Think you have what it takes? Check out our tips for recording the best testimonial video on your cell phone.
1. Find your light!
The sun is one of video’s best light sources. If you’re filming indoors, avoid the unflattering shadows of overhead lighting.
2. “Was that a bird I heard?”
It’s easy to acclimate to the background noise of life (especially during these times at home!) but these sounds will be heard on your recording so try to keep your environment quiet.
3. Spring-clean your background
Try to be in front of a solid-colored background. Don’t film with a window in your shot though or you may catch the camera in the reflection.
4. Stay on solid ground
Use a tripod, set your camera on a sturdy surface, or ask someone to film you. Pro-tip: Record horizontally, in landscape mode. If you have an iPhone, turn on the grid by going to Settings > Photos & Camera > Grid.
5. Remember, this is supposed to be fun!
- Your mother was right – ‘stand up straight!’ Keep your shoulders back and muscles relaxed.
- Remember to smile, slow down, and speak clearly.
- Don’t rerecord yourself with the first “ums” or “oops”; this doesn’t need to be perfect to be effective.